I wanted to share with y’all some facts about me that you might find interesting. I want you to know more about the individual who writes this blog. If you are curious about the in and outs of my day, head over to my Instagram @christinmeiburg for more of the day to day things, but without further ado, here are 10 things you might not know about me!
- I am a huge nerd. I love to read; I love school, I love to write papers for fun, textbooks are great.
- I have had two open heart surgeries, have three artificial heart valves, have gortex and Teflon in my heart and have a defibrillator. This is a long story that I will make a post about, but for now, this is what I’ve got.
- I come from a blended family. My parents divorced when I was in elementary school. I have one biological brother, and several step-siblings as each of my parents have remarried. Being part of a blended family can be hard for sure, but it’s not the end of the world as I thought it was when my parents first got remarried when I was in high school.
- I have a chronic illness called fibromyalgia. Again I will do a whole post on what fibromyalgia is and another on what it’s like to live with a chronic illness. If I’m honest, it sucks, a lot. It limits me at times, but it does not define me it is just an interesting thing about me.
- I love planners, and I love to plan. I am still on the search for the perfect planner. I make a To Do list daily of things that need to get done. I make a list every Sunday of all the things for the week and then break it up over the days. I love to see things written out rather than on a screen.
- I got engaged in August 2018 and am getting married in August 2019. Kyle and I met on a dating app and quickly hit it off and have been together ever since. We literally can’t wait to get married, in fact, we have thought about eloping but have ultimately decided we want a small wedding for our friends and family.
- I am working on my masters, and I am going to get my Ph.D. after finishing my masters. I have wanted to be in academia my whole life, and I am excited to start the journey of getting my Ph.D. and starting my career in academia. I love to research, and I love to teach, so academia is the perfect career for me.
- Kyle and I want to adopt children. We don’t want to have any biological children for many reasons, and we are so excited about having children in the coming years. Having children in a nontraditional way might be strange to some but it is the way we want to do it, and we are excited about that. It is something I can remember talking to my mom and friends about in middle school. It is something I have wanted forever, and I am excited that the time is coming soon(ish).
- I love listening to podcasts, especially mental health and personal development podcasts. I will do a whole post on my favorite podcasts and some of my favorite episodes from these podcasts coming soon.
- I’m a coffee addict. I LOVE coffee. I can drink it in any way. It’s truly an amazing drink in my opinion. I have been drinking coffee since I was in high school and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon.
Take a Peek into some of my Favorite photos
Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me and looking at some of my favorite photos. I would love to learn more about y’all! Leave me a comment with some facts about you so I can get to know you!